Quantitative profile of family acceptance of children special need's Moslem parents : Case study at Rumah Terapi Aura

Meiza, Asti and Kardinah, N. and Abdul Rahman, Agus and Puspasari, Diah (2019) Quantitative profile of family acceptance of children special need's Moslem parents : Case study at Rumah Terapi Aura. The American Journal of Family Therapy, 47 (4). pp. 232-243. ISSN 0192-6187

[img]
Preview
Text (Artikel Jurnal)
1.AMERICAN JOURNAL.pdf

Download (1MB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (Korespondensi)
Asti Korespondensi UAFT.pdf

Download (345kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (Peer Review)
Scan Peer Review artikel 1.pdf

Download (1MB) | Preview
Official URL: https://doi.org/10.1080/01926187.2019.1635540

Abstract

This article is a result from a preliminary study in a series of studies to construct family inclusion model and modulee. Family is the first and foremost environment that plays a role in optimizing the growth and development of children with special needs. This study uses qualitative methods with a case study approach where data is taken through observa-tion, surveys using questionnaires and Forum Group Discussion (FGD). The research subjects were 30 Moslem parents of children with special needs who were clients of the Rumah Terapi Aura. From this study obtained the Profile and Aspects of Family Ac-ceptance. The statistical technique used is descriptive technique by using the Median to categorize family acceptance profiles to be high and low. For the profile, 73% of subjects had low acceptance and the remaining 27% were high. In addition, quantification of every aspect of Family Acceptance was also obtained. The results of this survey were the refer-ence material for the FGD where the aspects that were explored were still excavated to find out the root of the problem. It was found that indeed the awareness of parents and families in general about acceptance of the presence of children with special needs in their families originated from a lack of knowledge and spiritual understanding of God's destiny.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: Family acceptance; moslem parents; quantitative profile; children with special needs
Subjects: Applied Psychology > Interpersonal Relations with Family Members
Applied mathematics > Descriptive Statistical Mathematics
Divisions: Fakultas Psikologi > Program Studi Psikologi
Depositing User: Asti Meiza
Date Deposited: 25 Feb 2021 00:43
Last Modified: 05 Mar 2021 05:55
URI: http://digilib.uinsgd.ac.id/id/eprint/37302

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item