English borrowing words in Indonesian automotive terms

Gunawan, Agus (2011) English borrowing words in Indonesian automotive terms. Diploma thesis, UIN Sunan Gunung Djati Bandung.

[img]
Preview
Text (COVER)
1_cover.pdf

Download (99kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (ABSTRAK)
2_abstrak.pdf

Download (39kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (DAFTAR ISI)
3_daftarisi.pdf

Download (156kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (BAB I)
4_bab1.pdf

Download (208kB) | Preview
[img] Text (BAB II)
5_bab2.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (291kB)
[img] Text (BAB III)
6_bab3.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (170kB)
[img] Text (BAB IV)
7_bab4.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (354kB)
[img] Text (BAB V)
8_bab5.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (145kB)
[img] Text (DAFTAR PUSTAKA)
9_daftarpustaka.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (134kB)

Abstract

The progress of science and technology predominately English a prestigious language among others. Language in the world has many varieties and it differs from one to others. English as International language has influence Indonesian language in many sector including automotive. Therefore, his aim of this research is to analyze types of English borrowing word in automotive terms and to know the socio-historical backgrounds of English automotive terms that influence Bahasa Indonesia. The researcher used several theories related to the problem. There are problems that the researcher wants to point out in his study. It can be formulated as follows: What types of borrowing are utilized in Indonesian Automotive Terms? What are the socio historical backgrounds of English Automotive Terms that influence Bahasa Indonesia? The method used of this research is qualitative. That is method used to solve and answer the research problems. In addition to the qualitative method, he used several techniques of collecting data, which are Observation, Literary, and Questionnaires. The researcher analyzed the data which taken from three national automotive magazines; Motor Plus, Otomotif, and Otomodify. The election of those magazines based on the voting results, 7 out of 10 people agree that those magazines are the best-seller magazine and much used as reference in the automotive, especially modifications. He found 30 data from those magazines. He analyzed the type of borrowing and the semantic change by categorizing the data into Loan Word, Loan Blend, Loan Shift, Extension, Narrowing, Degeneration and Regeneration. In the second case, the writer makes the table percentage from the data collected after conceding questionnaires. From two-research question given, the result of analysis shows that there are two types of borrowing namely Loan Word and Loan Blend. The dominance of the borrowing word is Loan Blend (75%), it was due to the absence of equivalent word or term in Bahasa Indonesian appropriately and the rest is Loan Word (25%). Meanwhile, for the change of meaning there are some Extension and a few Narrowing. According to data above the writer assumes that history in which English automotive terms come to Indonesia can be define as follows; Globalization, Education, and Profession.

Item Type: Thesis (Diploma)
Uncontrolled Keywords: Indonesian Automotive Terms; borrowing words;
Subjects: Grammar, Sentences, Syntax, Word Order
Divisions: Fakultas Adab dan Humaniora > Program Studi Bahasa dan Sastra Inggris
Depositing User: Users 38 not found.
Date Deposited: 02 Mar 2016 00:35
Last Modified: 16 Nov 2018 07:11
URI: http://digilib.uinsgd.ac.id/id/eprint/429

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item